Sunday 7 September 2014

September 7: Lap after lap ...


My eyes are on the long black line as I breathe from side to side
Up and down, up and down, my lungs are stretched inside
Fifteen done, fifteen to go, I hope I don't lose track
The line and tiles below my gaze, keep your eyes upon the black

I watch the line to keep on course, arms over, over, over
Breathe both sides every second round, much like a weary drover
I’ve been doing this for decades now, always coming back from more
Swimming’s such an easy thing; it’s never been a chore

I’ll be back again in two days time, to swim another mile
It’s easier than it was yesterday; I’d not done it for a while
Relaxation, exhilaration, it winds me down with peace and quiet
A really, really good thing to do, really, you should try it

No comments:

Post a Comment