Monday 22 September 2014

September 22: Déjà vu all over again ...


Déjà vu all over again, I’ve done this all before
Yesterday, tomorrow, today it's just once more
I stand, I talk, I sit back down, while witnesses have their say
We all sit in pursuit of justice, just like yesterday

But really it’s not like before, no two days are the same
And every case is different, it’s never the same game
The facts, the truth, the evidence, every witness tells it new
Even if it’s the same event, you’ll get a different view

Five people on a corner, watch a Ute race through the red
And smash into a Greyhound bus, he's lucky no-one’s dead
But one witness saw the bus go first, the next described a truck
Stark differences in descriptions, is their observation just pot luck

What is it that the jurors think, when they wrestle with the facts
Do they make concessions, that your memory is not intact
Can they make allowances, for the ravages of time
I like doing what I’m doing and I’m glad that role’s not mine

No comments:

Post a Comment