Friday 19 September 2014

September 19: Can you see inside my feelings ...


Every picture tells a story, in every image there’s a tale
Can you see inside my feelings, what do you sense as I exhale 
Does the cold expose my breathing, as my lungs deflate then fill
What is it you are seeing, as I lay there deathly still

My eyes are closed but seeing, as you stand there wondering why
Can you see inside my feelings, as my heart begins to cry
Does the night it hide expression, can you see it on my face
What is it you are feeling, as you stand there in that place

I lie there still not moving, as you reach to touch my hair
Can you see inside my feelings, because I know that you are there
Does my face betray my senses, when you touched me did I move
What is it you are feeling, with your fingers soft and smooth

When my eyelids move I see you, your silhouette there in the dark
Can you see inside my feelings, as I lie here in the park
Does the grass disclose the colour, of my blood as it escapes
What is you are feeling, as you look down at the shapes

My breathing now is shallow, beside me now you lie
Can you see inside my feelings, as my life it starts to die
Does the sound of sirens reach you, I can hear them very near
What is it you are feeling, my face catches all your tears

The sound of running footsteps, their voices strong and loud
I can see inside your feelings, as around me forms a crowd
Don’t cry for me my precious, be strong, you must go on
What is it I am feeling; it’s nothing, I am gone

No comments:

Post a Comment