Saturday 19 July 2014

July 19: A double ton, now that was fun ...


A double ton, now that was fun, I think I will go on
Penning lines that to each are linked, by ideas soon forgone
That turn to prose, goodness knows, from where the ideas rise
But it doesn’t really matter, as they appear before your eyes

I told you last in April, I’d be back here with more prose
Not always easy or straight forward, but it keeps me on my toes
Still at the crease, I almost walked, from a no-ball I got caught
I began to walk, there soon was talk, so I returned without a thought

So two hundred not, I thank you all, the triple’s now in sight
As I keep at it with the rhythm, and rhymes once every night
I’ve pulled them through the covers, and flicked them of my hip
Drove with class right through mid off, though oft’ I bite my lip

Like the times I write of criminals, I can’t always tell the awful truth
Although it’s mostly out it public, there’s some that’s just uncouth
But I got some news on Friday, that to your face will bring a sheen
That people smuggling moneyman, he’ll be in jail til late eighteen

So yes, I’ll keep on writing, lines of rhythm and of rhyme
I have to say “with rhythm” first, cause a rhyme for that can’t find
One hundred and sixty odd to go, it sounds like quite a lot
But I’ve written forty more already, so I’ll give it a great shot

But I need more inspiration, more themes and more ideas
Of life and love and losing, of triumphs and of fears
That I can turn into one-liners, into prose for you to read
Cause until I get to three six four, I cannot dream I might succeed

No comments:

Post a Comment