Sunday 9 March 2014

March 9: Another bloody double toll ...


On my motorbike I took a ride, it was January twenty-five
I took the best road down the coast, I was feeling so alive
I took myself to Creswell, for a five-day contested hearing
The M2, M7 and then the Hume, the miles were disappearing

I obtained three separate e-tags, for the car and my two bikes
I put up with their financial crap, like regular price hikes
But I get so very angry when they try to double dip
And try to bill me double when I’m taking the same trip

When I rode my Wing to Creswell I was towing my own trailer
As an officer it seems I need to cart more than a sailor
My rig went in a suit-carrier and I placed it nice and flat
I hitched the trailer onto my Wing, and I thought that that was that

Imagine my surprise when I returned from overseas
And found two infringement notices. I had not paid my fees
They did not allege that Roxy slipped unnoticed through the toll
But said my trailer had not paid, as if it had sole control

I’m not quite sure what their problem is, Roxy paid her fare
How could they miss a Goldwing, and think it wasn’t there
I won’t pay twice, I’ll tell them so, I will not take the blame
I told them this four years ago, but then they changed their name

What is their go, what is their game, are they really so very stupid
I’ll fight them back, I will not pay, this fine it must get booted
I can’t believe they can’t design a system that can catch
A motorbike with a trailer hitched, so to my letter I will attach

Another nasty letter saying that four years ago I wrote
Responding to their poor attempt, their coffers to promote
By getting me to pay them twice for taking the same ride
I told them then, I’ll tell them now, this fine you'll set aside

No comments:

Post a Comment