Saturday 15 March 2014

March 15: Wordsmithing ...


The harder I try to get words to comply, the greater the chance I will fail
I can’t force a rhyme to work every time, ‘cause the strength of our language is frail
Words can't be compelled, and if the tempo won’t meld, formation cannot be created
If the rhyme it won't come, then there's no rule of thumb, and my effort will end up deflated

It’s a case of persuasion to reach an equation that satisfies rhythm and rhyme
At the end of the day, I know what to say, ‘cause each poem I make is so mine
While my goal it is clear, I’m a rhythmic pioneer, every line that you read is unique
Each word it is placed with meaning embraced by the result which itself is boutique

There’s an effort that goes into each line of prose, before it reaches your eyes
These stanzas I write, each and every night, are sometimes so hard to devise
They're designed to bring pleasure of only small measure, to draw out a grin or a smile
If a rhyme I present, then my time was well spent, and my effort it has been worthwhile

No comments:

Post a Comment