Wednesday 12 March 2014

March 12: Man flu ...


I’m feeling like shit, a cold it has hit, with a vengeance I do not recall
Three days I’m at home, doing business by phone, appearances trying to stall
It’s not very nice, the strength of this vice, that has my whole head in its grip
The drugs I devour, six every four hours, as I ready myself for the trip

“It’s only man flu”, she growls, “grow a few”, “man up and push it aside”
But I’m beaten and sore, I can’t take too much more, but no sympathy comes from my bride
I’m dying don’t you know, you’ll be sorry when I go, when the bells for my funeral toll
You’ll be very contrite, and you’ll say, “he was right”, when they’re putting my box in the hole

No I’m not putting it on, my will to live it has gone, how much longer must this demon reside
It’s been thirty-six hours, I’m devoid of my powers, this thing it is messing with my pride
As I lie here in bed, it just plays with my head, the solution? I’ll just close my eyes
When I wake I feel hunger, I cannot last much longer, can I please have a burger and fries

Who invented this foe, away it should go, be gone, get out of my head
Tonight I must go to a class don’t you know, even though I feel like I’m dead
Just like Christopher Skase, I will die in this place, unless this demon I can kick
You can put on my stone, just like Skase did atone, “You bastards, told you I was sick”

No comments:

Post a Comment