Saturday 8 February 2014

February 8: Boogie Board Blues ...


Jetted out of Brisbane for Denpasar, took my boogie board and my debit card
Stopped me at customs. Nothing to declare
Came here for a holiday to meet up with me sister, didn’t have an iPod so I took my transistor
Searched me at customs. I didn’t know that was there

Arrested on arrival, this isn’t looking good, not working out the way we thought it would
Caught me at customs.That’s not mine I swear
Charged me with importing, it’s gotta be a joke, if I was really serious I woulda brought coke
Corruption at customs, my fingerprints aren't there

The whole case against me was circumstance; but so one-sided I didn’t stand a chance
No CCTV at customs; this just is not fair
Took them twenty minutes to give me twenty years, the cameras only saw me through my tears
I hate you all at customs, my life is in despair

Five years off my sentence for good behaviour, well, that, and the odd sexual favour
If I'd have paid a bribe at customs, there’d be lots of weed to share
Got parole on Friday should be out by Tuesday, I'll make sure it's a hellava newsday
Next time I go through customs, I’ll bring a rocking chair

Gonna sell my life story to Channel Nine, they'll make a million bucks it will be all mine
Aussie government can’t stop me coz I’m not in their care
Going back to Brissie to be a manicurist, coz I’ve got ambitions that I’ve missed
If you ever go to Bali don’t take your ganja there

(With apologies to Redgum)

No comments:

Post a Comment