Tuesday 4 February 2014

February 4: Almost at the end of the case ...


As I close the Crown case, I search for a place, where the accused might slip through my grasp
But with help from the team, to me it does seem, that we have excelled at our task
He is caught in a lie, and his lies do imply, that he’s in this right up to his ears
The SIM card transfers, from which we infer, being caught was his greatest of fears

From Ho Chi Min city, to our shores very pretty, he flew in with great expectation
Of financial reward, but instead he was floored, at no sign of his financial salvation
His consignments withheld, and he could not tell, when his booty it might be released
To Bankstown he traveled, his plan it unraveled, his chance of success it discreased

Constantly changing his number, so as not to encumber, his identity constantly sought
He faced danger for sure, "Don’t say anymore, if you do you’ll surely get caught"
To avoid apprehension, his name never mentioned, contact through innocents made
Speaking in code, no trust was bestowed, they continued their faceless charade

Then came his grave error, he called up the bearer of news that gave him a scare
"You will not be pleased, your parcels were seized, Custom’s have them in their snare
They’re running some checks, you should not expect, to ever collect what you sent"
He should not have inquired, there was smoke, there was fire, and some years in a cell will be spent

But he could not be told, they could not withhold, so he called back again to request
A delivery date, so he could tell his mate, to advise him when they’d been expressed
He posed a new question, ”Is there unseen congestion? When will my package arrive?"
As he spoke his heart thumped, he was very pumped, of his drugs he would not be deprived

So he flew interstate, to speak to his mate, but the coppers had him closely in view
When he spoke to them later, through a translator, he lied that he had not a clue
“I never rang DHL”, he falsely did tell, “nor FedEx did I call from my phone”
“I flew here today, in St Albans I stayed, now please, will you let me go home?”

“Not a snowflake’s in hell, the lies that you tell, we know why you’re here in our town"
We are not impressed, you should simply confess, for less time you will later go down
"I don’t know what you mean, I’m perfectly clean”, he did say in his own native tongue
They put him under arrest, his things they possessed, the investigation soon it begun

After a year spent a jail, his body was frail, he was not in the mood for a dance
He sat mute in the dock, eyes on the clock, probably wishing he was somewhere in France
Tomorrow we close, and all my team knows, he will not take an oath to deny
If he does I’ll be stoked, big holes i will poke, with questions that shine light on his lies

No comments:

Post a Comment