Wednesday 19 February 2014

February 19: At Changi airport, Singapore ...


In seat 31K I sat for the flight, the seat was okay, the food was all right
But the child in row thirty was the devil in drag, she would not be quiet, I put up a flag
We just could not cope with the pitiful noise; we both did our best to maintain our poise
I turned to her father and said with a smirk, “If she does not be quiet, I will go berserk”

I paid money to sit here in exit row ten, I doubt if I’ll be paying ever again
My tray table it would not extend to full length, I’m going insane, please give me strength
And every eight seconds, a kick in the back; my seat it would jerk, I was starting to crack
My patience was waning, good humour diminished; in four short-ish hours, our journey was finished

We left the first plane in downtown Singapore; two hours in the bar, then back for some more
One hour thirty to Ho Chi Min City, I could feel the insides of my eyeballs getting gritty
A very long day, that started at four, when we reach our destination, there’ll be time for one more
When my head hits the pillow I'm out like a light; but we'll do it again, the very next night

tbc

No comments:

Post a Comment