Saturday 15 February 2014

February 15: Twenty seven years ...

In nineteen hundred and eighty-six, when I was twenty-five
My bride and I we tied the knot, our love we could not hide
Today’s our celebration; twenty-seven years together
Love and understanding, but not always perfect weather

To celebrate our milestone, we’re off to Vietnam
To watch two of our dearest friends, as they walk, arm in arm
Down the beach, as they begin the start of something new
As we reflect on the day back when, we both said, “I do”

She followed me around the country, as we moved upon demand
Supporting and encouraging, beside me she would stand
As I chased my own ambitions, hers stayed on the shelf
My dreams came first, and she thought of me, never of herself

Now she has her own ambitions, how she wants to spend her time
Commits her day to saving, our wildlife, injured in their prime
Every day an unknown mixture of pain and of elation
As she realises she that in her life she’s finally found her station

No comments:

Post a Comment