Wednesday 8 January 2014

January 8: Lawyer or not, you're gone ...

So she went to the cricket dressed up in a frock, took her place in the Members' but soon got a shock
"Excuse me m'lady, but you hemline’s too high, you will have to depart before the players walk by"
 “I’m sorry, what’s that, I’m a  member you know, and I know just what short is, and this isn’t so”
"No discretion I’m sorry, you will have to go, and please get a move on, don't be too slow"

The woman saw scarlet, and then she saw red, daddy weighed in, and the lady she said
"For twenty five years I've been paying my fee’s, I’ll put my big coat on, it covers my knees"
The stewards stood stalwart, their task it was clear, “No thank you madam, please move out of here"
"Surely you’re joking, it’s all a big laugh, don’t you know I’m a lawyer, I know wheat from chaff"

"I read up the dress code before I came in, it's just a patella, it isn't a sin
My father’s a platinum, my boy's on the list, please leave me alone coz I’m now getting pissed
I’m a corporate lawyer, I am very clever, I am not some hick from outback wherever"
But there was no mediation, the line had been drawn, and very soon after, lawyer lady was gone

"I’m so bloody angry", she told all her friends, "I’ll give them what for, this is where it ends
Cancel my membership, do you get my gist, and while you’re at it take my boy off the list"
So they cancelled her number, her boy waits no more, her Dad calls her mobile and tells her the score
Heavy handed or proper? I don’t give a toss, but her arrogance ended for her in a loss

Not exactly borderline, is it:


Lynda Reid shows photos of the dress.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment