Monday 27 January 2014

January 27: I'm an Aussie arsehole ...


A long weekend in Sydney as I enjoy Australia Day
Forty beers, some Bundy rum, and then I’m on my way
I’m lookin’ for a knuckle, somewhere to have a blue
Coz I’m an Aussie arsehole, are you an arsehole too?

I’m fourteen years old and I’ve just stolen your car
I put on the false plates I nicked; it’s got a huge crash bar
I saw blue lights in my mirror, so I stamped the pedal down
The coppers in their Divvy van chased me all round town

I don’t have a license coz I don’t know how to drive
When you see the mangled mess I made, it’s a wonder I’m alive
But I’ve got a real great future though, ‘gonna be a brainy surgeon
Might be somewhat difficult, coz I’m a high school virgin

Into my house in Padstow, burst some uninvited thugs
They beat us with some baseball bats, stole all my bloody drugs
Ten coppers in their riot gear, didn’t need a GPS
They’ve been here more than 20 times, and my head’s a bloody mess

The copper asked me questions, “do you know the men who hit you”
I do but won’t be sayin’; truly, would I shit you?
We don’t talk to coppers in this town, it simply isn’t done
If I do they’ll just come back again, next time with a gun

In a quiet street in Canley Vale, a teenager lies dead
A kid who at just seventeen took a bullet in the head
He was linked to outlaw bikie gangs, strange for one so young
The Commancheros and the Nomads, oh, and Notorious just for fun

Another coward punch victim, lies in intensive care
His body bruised and bloodied, his eyes open but not there
He was minding his own business; he was out for a good night
He then became the victim of a single person fight

Another great weekend in Sydney, as our young men get on the beer
And the girls don’t mind a skinful, it’s as Aussie as New Year
Our coppers they get spat on, some get kicked and punched
As I watch the news, I burst with pride, aren’t we an arsehole bunch

No comments:

Post a Comment