Thursday 23 January 2014

January 23: A poem about poetry ...


I've  been writing all theses rhymes; that I've rhymed a hundred times
And my timing of my rhyming is so nice 
But the pressure is increasing and the rhyming words decreasing
But the total syncopation is precise

My words are put together, in a way so very clever
So the timing of the rhyming is so fine
You'd be excused for speculating that my sources are deflating
And the timing of the rhyming is not mine

I wlil give you my assurance I have excellent endurance
At least where rhyming effort is required
I could pen these rhymes all day, I have so very much to say
And the timing of my rhyming is inspired

I love to write these stanzas, and produce extravaganza
Of rhyming and of timing you can read
I give it all my concentration as I seek your admiration
For my rhyming and my timing to succeed

So you see it isn't hard to pretend to be the Bard
With my rhyming and my timing making sense
I am undertaking practise, lest my rhymes they turn to cactus
To you my rhyming and my timing i dispense

No comments:

Post a Comment