Tuesday 21 January 2014

January 21: Let me help you disprove that ...

It's been a very long day here, and I've had a cleansing beer
Showered, changed and then went down for dinner
We've argued long and hard, to get evidence disbarred
To turn my case from poor into a winner

What was it that she saw, as he sauntered out her door
Was the lighting off or on, it has no clout
But the judge has made his choice, she can say she heard his voice
But her evidence of what she said she saw goes out

We begin again tomorrow, and some clever lines I'll borrow
As I influence the inference to be drawn
From the words she gives on oath, and to her evidence she gives growth
As she tells us just what happened before dawn

I don't believe a word, if it was him his speech was slurred
But she told us that the words she heard were normal
But she saw him in the bar, said she knew from very far
That his odour was repugnant; far from formal

When I get to test her words, I'll cut her into thirds
Cross examination is a tool I will use well
I'll rip her into bits, ask questions in a blitz
That she was certain of almost anything I will dispel

By the time I've done my task, there'll be nothing left to ask
And the jury will be sure she didn't know
She may have heard a voice, but she'll leave them with a choice
And they'll reject her as about their task they go

And all there will discover, that my questions did uncover
That she didnt really know he was the one
She thought that she was sure it was him there at her door
But at the end all of her beliefs had come undone

1 comment: