Monday 20 January 2014

January 20: It always goes back to the Wing ...


Went for a swim, my fitness so grim, ten laps caught me all out of breath
Here at Jervis Bay, for another four days, by day five I could be close to death
A very nice pool, a place to get cool, don’t why I decided to do it
My head it said twenty, that will be plenty, but by ten I was all the way through it

Living here's such a perk, it's a great place to work, a place to recover and rest
A beach and the bay, I’d like here to stay, I’d even come down as a guest
The beach is so white, it’s just out of sight, but just a short stroll to the east
Just down the stairs, take your beach chairs, and all of your stress is decreased

I came down on the Wing, did the Picton Road thing, then down the big hill to the Gong
Had the trailer behind, down the roads we did wind, past Kiama where the winds are so strong
Through Berry then Nowra, then I rev up the power, to Huski and lunch with the Flea
We're back into the curves, it’s what Roxy deserves, take a left and then park by the sea

I’m feeling much better, my speed I did fetter, coz I know where they sit on the road
Their speed guns inquire, my points they desire, as into fifth gear I explode
I know where they’re at, and I know where to blat, and I know just where to roll off
Been down here a lot, all my points I have got, so as I crawl past I just scoff

But back to the pool, where I began this short drool, to tell you how out of shape
I’m feeling right now, there’s still sweat on my brow, how much more can I take
I’ll do it some more come tomorrow, some energy I'ill borrow, from some red wine and a steak
I will push for twenty, that would be plenty, I don’t care how long it might take

No comments:

Post a Comment